3/26/2014


"One of the things money can't buy is the wags of a dogs tail" - Walter Elias Disney With these heartwarming words starts a favorite movie of mine and an all time Disney Classic, called "Lady and the Tramp". Disney dedicated dogs a movie, I dedicate an article to one special dog that will forever live in my heart and that of my family. You remember the first dog you grow up with up your whole life. It leaves you a warming memory, it makes your childhood complete. I will always remember one dog, that had so much life, character, braveness and royalty about him that his name said it all - Mark Avrelius. Mark was a big East European shepherd with the biggest heart I've ever known. He was loyal, brave, fearless and was a part of our family for many years. My most beautiful childhood memories is me and my sister walking him in the forest or playing in the garden for countless hours. They say you need half an hour in the presence of a dog to see that he has complex emotions, consciousness, real and deep feelings. Mark was the bestest friend both of us had. He was by our side when we were sad, he was guarding our home unconditionally he was loyal, proud and majestic until his last breath. Why am I telling you about him exactly? Because I owe this dog my life. Once as me and my sister were walking him down our street a car almost hit me, which is when he jumped in front of me to take the hit. The car hit the breaks the very last minute so no one got hurt, however this created a picture in my head for the rest of my life. Mark standing bravely and proud, in front of the car, not a muscle on his body trembling, not even a blink. Just unconditional love and bravery and utter wish for protection. We put him down a few years ago, as his legs were deteriorating with his age and he was starting to suffer. "You need to keep the pride of a dog like him", my dad would say and that's what we did. Until his very last breath he would try to stand up on his legs although he couldn't in the end, trying to keep his pride, to show his loyalty in front of his master, owner and best friend. Dad took carried Mark into our family on his hands and did the same to the vet on Mark's last day. It was like losing not just a part of your family but a part of yourself, a big part of me was gone with Mark, leaving an empty space in my heart no other dog could fill. And yet he lives on, he lives in our hearts, he lives in our minds, he lives on every childhood photo me and my sister have and he will always be the greatest dog we\'ve ever had. Our hero. With this article I respectfully dedicate to him, he lives on forever. I love you Mark, this is for you, my dearest friend, my hero. 


By Petya Kiskinova
source: fallendogs


0 comments:

Post a Comment